Inpatient programsThe Sydney Clinic specialises in mood and anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, personality disorders, drug and alcohol detoxification, gambling, as well as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Our inpatient programs provide a range of psychological therapeutic groups and activities.
The program is run by a multidisciplinary team that includes Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nursing staff and a Psychiatric registrar.
Some patients may require inpatient treatment (staying overnight for a period of time in the clinic).
Patients who experience acute symptoms may require urgent intervention and often inpatient care, however once the acute symptoms have resolved and the patient has stabilised they can attend as an outpatient.
Program details are recorded on the noticeboards of each floor.
Admissions to inpatient programs at The Sydney Clinic
- If you would like to arrange an admission to The Sydney Clinic, please contact our friendly receptionist on 02 9389 8888 Monday – Friday between 9am and 4pm.
- You will need to have organised a referral from your GP or treating Psychiatrist. This referral can be faxed to us on 02 9389 5699 or emailed to email@example.com
- When you call The Sydney Clinic, you will speak to our Patient Registration Officer who will take your details and complete a health fund eligibility check before passing your details on to our Admissions Officer.
- Our Admissions Officer will contact you on the telephone number you have provided to us to conduct a phone assessment with you.
- Once this is done, our Admissions Officer is able to then organise your admission to The Sydney Clinic.
The AOD unit is situated on Level 2.
The primary focus of this unit is specialist addiction treatment dealing with substance addictions.
Main conditions that are treated in terms of Substance dependence disorders are drug and alcohol, alcohol intervention, benzodiazepine withdrawal, cannabis use, methamphetamine (including ICE), cocaine, heroine, opioid substitution treatment and any addiction combination thereof, including over the counter medications and prescription medications or drugs.
The Drug and Alcohol Unit aims to provide optimum in health care whilst guiding you through your withdrawal period.
Our goal is to provide a respectful, compassionate and structured environment during the recovery process.
All of this is done while affording each patient with the individual respect and dignity deserved.
Please bear in mind that the use of alcohol or drugs, including medication that has been prescribed but has not been dispensed by nursing staff, is strictly prohibited while you are an inpatient at The Sydney Clinic.
The use of any illegal drugs whilst in hospital are reportable to the police.
The Mood Disorder Unit is situated on Level 1. The primary focus of this unit is the evaluation and treatment of Mood disorders.Main conditions that are treated are Depression, Biplar Disorder, Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Phobia's, Obsessive and Compulsive Disorders, PTSD, Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorders.The Mood Disorder Unit also offers Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT) as a treatment option. Please do not hesitate to contact The Sydney Clinic on 02 9389 8888 if you would like to know more about ECT.