Inpatient programsThe Sydney Clinic specialises in mood and anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, personality disorders, drug and alcohol detoxification, gambling, as well as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Our inpatient programs provide a range of psychological therapeutic groups and activities.
The program is run by a multidisciplinary team that includes Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nursing staff and a Psychiatric registrar.
Some patients may require inpatient treatment (staying overnight for a period of time in the clinic).
Patients who experience acute symptoms may require urgent intervention and often inpatient care, however once the acute symptoms have resolved and the patient has stabilised they can attend as an outpatient.
Program details are recorded on the noticeboards of each floor.
Admissions to inpatient programs at The Sydney Clinic
- If you would like to arrange an admission to The Sydney Clinic, please contact our friendly receptionist on 02 9389 8888 Monday – Friday between 9am and 4pm.
- You will need to have organised a referral from your GP or treating Psychiatrist. This referral can be faxed to us on 02 9389 5699 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you call The Sydney Clinic, you will speak to our Patient Registration Officer who will take your details and complete a health fund eligibility check before passing your details on to our Admissions Officer.
- Our Admissions Officer will contact you on the telephone number you have provided to us to conduct a phone assessment with you.
- Once this is done, our Admissions Officer is able to then organise your admission to The Sydney Clinic.
Inpatient substance dependence program:
This group program is designed to help people who are interested in maintaining, or working towards, abstinence. It helps individuals who experience problems with alcohol or drug misuse (prescription or recreational), as well as other unhelpful dependency behaviours.
Group discussion focuses upon:
- Recognising & challenging substance dependence-associated thinking styles
- Strategies for lasting behaviour change, and balanced living
- Relationships in recovery: rebuilding trust, communication and honesty
- Emotion regulation skills
- Selfcare strategies for coping with substance dependence
The Mood Disorder Unit is situated on Level 1.
The primary focus of this unit is the evaluation and treatment of mental health conditions such as:
Major Depression, Bipolar Affective Disorder, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder & Agoraphobia, Social Anxiety Disorder, Specific Phobias, Blood/Injury Phobia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders, and also Insomnia and Sleep-Wake Disorders.
The Mood Disorder Unit also offers Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT) as a treatment option.
Please do not hesitate to contact The Sydney Clinic on 02 9389 8888 if you would like to know more about ECT.